So on the first day, I posted her Author Bio. Something that I think is important when introducing an author. Especially one with a message. Especially Lindsay Fischer’s bio which is a powerful message: There is life after abuse. Again, her words not mine.
For this day, I asked Lindsay for some things she’s accomplished, things she feels that were accomplishments (and that she’s willing to share). So straight from her, here’s some more things about the ever wonderful Lindsay.
- Awards: 2015 Non-fiction Runner up in the Great Midwest Book Festival. Currently a semi-finalist in non-fiction for the 2016 Kindle Book Awards (finalists announced Oct 1st).
- Featured writer on websites like The Good Men Project, XO Jane and Sweatpants & Coffee
- The House on Sunset was first released on September 22nd, 2014 as Sarafina Bianco. It was re-released with a publisher and under my own name (when I began using my own identity on July 27th, 2015). Since then the book has hit the top spot in all of non-fiction on Amazon twice. I began sharing my story openly on a stage after this and have spoken over 50 times nationwide in the last year
Currently raising funds for the organization that gave me free trauma therapy, Safe Connections. https://gladitood.com/projects/light-up-the-lotus/lindsayfischer
- The Two Week Wait Challenge will be released August 1st. It combines the skill set I learned in trauma therapy w/ my experience as a couple trying to conceive (and finding it difficult). Using self care that I learned as a DV survivor has proven invaluable in coping with infertility.
- Has her site: http://www.survivorswillbeheard.com